cenote dives ( which one )

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

http://www.hiddenworlds.com.mx/ <-probably the most talked about cenote especially after the IMAX film. If you take a 2 tank cenote trip out of PDC shops they may not want to go too south towards Tulum/Akumal. You will notice many signs besides the highway on the west side (east being ocean side) advertising cenotes (the whole Yucatan is pockmarked with them). There are chains and ropes closing off the access road and you will pay the person sitting there or in a shack or shop to access the road/cenote... the guides from the shop will pay the fees per diver btw. Try Taj Maha or any of the more obscure ones... greatest dives ever! The cavern diving turns into cave diving beyond the skull and crossbones signs... enter only if equipped/trained!!

I suspect that you actually mean "Taj Mahal," which really isn't one of the more obscure ones. Obscure ones include Lol Ha, Sac Actun, Mayan Blue & Naharon.

Hi, wethydrant.

For your first go at centotes, sites like Grand Cenote & Car Wash will give you a fun dive without being overwhelming. I like Dos Ojos, myself, but it's somewhat more challenging.

Do enjoy yourself.

DocVikingo

My apologies if I wasn't clear... I suggested in my sentence Taj Maha OR the many more obscure cenotes that dot the region which I didn't mention as I was too lazy to check my log book. I tried to get across the fact that there are many cenotes in the Yucatan... sorry for the confusion. Oh check the picture...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom