cell phone coverage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would definitely be easier if you understood spanish. :) My hunch would be that it needed an international code or some such.

Are you with Rogers or Bell?

There are three main cell phone operators in Roatan; Tigo, Claro, and digicel. I'm not at home right now so I can't check, but I think we went with Claro

They probably figure since spanish is the official language then thats all they need and people should learn their language

Interestingly enough, I have an American phone in the USA and it has the option. I was thinking a little more on the side of customer service and global business. I guess they don't care.

Interestingly enough, I have an American phone in the USA and it has the option. I was thinking a little more on the side of customer service and global business. I guess they don't care.

Nic,
Your post is so typical. First you state you have an American phone? Let me fill you in,two of my cell phones, one with Tigo and one with Claro, along with my Hondutel landline are all American phones and service. CENTRAL AMERICAN. So many of the USA, feel they are the only Americans and forget that those from the far north in Canada to the far south in South America all are Americans. Sure Canada strives to differentiate but you must realize, if you really want to make a point you need to be more clear. Part of the problem arises in that the USA often has push one for spanish , two for english, ETC... BUT THE USA Does NOT have an official language where as most other AMERICAN countries do, including Honduras. PLEASE, If your really think customer service is a priority in one of the poorest third world countrie in the hemisphere you have really got to share the recipe for that beverage

RTB,
Please be respectful of people! Doesn't matter whether it is opinion or fact there is nothing wrong with offering your insights in an appropriate manner.

Thanks,

RTB,
Please be respectful of people! Doesn't matter whether it is opinion or fact there is nothing wrong with offering your insights in an appropriate manner.

Thanks,

Totally agree. RTB often has great comments but just seems to lack a bit nicety. I do that myself however so I suppose I shouldn't say too much.

Haha RTB. What if I would have said something actually controversial? You might have had a stroke. You still might. I do need to point out that I did clarify that it is in the USA and I am correct that it is an American phone but that is all besides the point. The point is that we are all dumber for having read your post. Try to at least stay on topic.

So whats your point?
The US of A does not have an official language so many services have a push one for english, two for espanol etc.. That hardly gives someone reason to complain that the rest of the America's, for the most part, have an official language and stick with it. How many reading this have probably complained at one time or another they should not have to push any button to get english speaking as if that is the official language of the USA? How many have filled out an immigration form and simply put "American" with such arrogance as if out of north, central and south America, the USA is the only place with Americans?
Sorry if the truth hurts and you don't like my post but you will find it is accurate with perhaps the exception of spelling.

RTB,

Thanks,

Sorry,
Maybe i should have simply posted something like " Excuse me sir, perhaps you do not realize that the US of A does not have an official language and in order to provide service for all they offer the different languages but other countries, many of which are American, have had an official language for many years, some long bfore the USA was even founded and they stick with that language. Maybe you would like to meet with Mr Pepe Lobo or Do Julio to discuss this issue and I imagine if you book a week at AKR you will at least have the chance to meet with Mr Gallindo and he may bring tis up to his family at the next governmental meeting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom