CDX5/GT3 Recall and Service Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Offroad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I purchased two Oceanic CDX5/GT3 (non-DVT) regulators last summer and both were part of the recall. Took them to a local Oceanic dealer last week for servicing and picked them up today.

I told the dealer the CDX5's were both on the list for recall and also needed their yearly service. He told me the first stages got a complete rebuild kit and showed me a small bag of parts he put in them. How can I be sure the parts the dealer used were not affected by the recall? Were there rebuild kits affected by the recall or just fully assembled regs?

Is it the dealers responsibility to notify Oceanic that these two regs have had the recall performed on them? If not what should I do to update Oceanic?

Thanks.

There were kits affected as well. It was the HP seat that was having issues. Oceanic recalled the kits as well. Dealers should have all new kits now. The dealer should notify Oceanic by just doing the rebuild. They keep track by serial numbers. The dealer should have recorded your on the reg and passed it on when he ordered replacement kits. This way they know that the kits are going into regs. It will not update on the website if that's what you mean. Trust that your dealer did you right and ask when he got the new kits that he put in. The new seats did have a mark on them to distinguish em from the recalled kits so they know if the right ones got in. The new kits have been out for a long time now.

The new kits have been out for a long time now.

Jim: Thanks for the response, the dealer already had these kits when I called him last friday. I'll give him a call and ask how long he had the kits in his shop, any ideas how long the new kits have been out?

There is no reason that your dealer would have old kits. Oceanic followed this recall very closely, after delaying a little to long for the initial launch. I would be surprised if your dealer isn't right on this.

Phil Ellis

I would think the real question should be whether or not you should be charged for the service on a regulator that was recalled.
I'd think this service should be on Oceanic.

I would think the real question should be whether or not you should be charged for the service on a regulator that was recalled.
I'd think this service should be on Oceanic.

No,as OP stated they where in need of their annual service anyway.
If he would've gone in before he would have got a free uprade.
Now the upgrade was done as a part of the annual service.
Oceanic replaces HP seats as part of the annual service.

Back
Top Bottom