CCRinstructor in SW Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverdoug1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I have been asked to recommend a CCR instructor for a diver who lives in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Any suggestions?

I am using Peter Sotis for my meg training. A good friend of mine did her training with him or her revo. His email contact is PSo564@aol.com

Just curious why spend all that money on a breather and restrict your search to a geographic area? Worth it to travel for the instructor if needed, my $0.02.

I have been asked to recommend a CCR instructor for a diver who lives in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. Any suggestions?

On which unit?

Also would suggest that many of the really great CCR instructors travel to teach... I can think of four right off the top of my head, one from the UK, one in Florida, one in NY, and one in western Canada/US who parachute into an area to teach. Am sure you already are aware of these folks yourself.

And sometimes, it's worth travelling TO an instructor to get quality teaching.

Anyhow, I like your signature.

As pointed out, it's unit specific training so knowing what unit you're planning to fly helps. I've heard good things about Peter Sotis for ReVO and Meg (Naples area, just down I-75 from Bradenton) and also Doug Ebersole (Lakeland area) and Kevin Jones (Boca Raton). Doug and Kevin both teach on the KISS.

There are plenty of options regardless of the model.

His unit is a megalodon, and he does not want to take vacation time to train. It looks like Peter may be a good option for him. Thanks deepstops and Tasdiver.

If it's meg Greg Stanton (last name spelling?) and Jill Heinerth are both pretty local. Mel Clark travels down there all the time as well to teach. All are great...but Mel is the best.
Don't know much about Peter except he has the best deals around on sorb:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom