Cayman Trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

creamofwheat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So, I am excited. I am booked on the Cayman Aggressor next summer.

I think we are doing a week on land before we board the Aggressor, and a week after. What do you suggest for our land time? What are some good places to stay? What are some amazing things to do to fill our time while we are not blowing bubbles? And just wondering, should we spend a week on grand, and a week on little? or a week on Brac? I am not familiar with the islands at all, so any advice would be welcome. Also, personal experiences aboard the Cayman Aggressor are also welcome, of course. :D

creamofwheat:
What are some amazing things to do to fill our time while we are not blowing bubbles?
3 weeks? You could consider a week on each island. What to do with the time? Blow more bubbles ...

Diving from a land base operations will get you to the best dive sites because the Agressor is limited to only a few sites because of the size of the boat. I dive with Divetech at Cobalt Coast Resort on Grand Cayman. Divetech runs their boat trips with 2 one hour dive profiles and unlimted shore diving from their two locations. Their shore dives will blow you away. They have some of the healthiest reefs in the Carribbean. Plus, you need to try out their scooter adventures and the rebreather resort dive (no bubble diving). Grand Cayman has the best above water attractions for the off days.

I would say a week on Grand Cayman, and a week on Little Cayman. The East end of Grand Cayman has the best diving. 7mile beach is good and convenient. The North Wall is second to the east end on that island. We opted for a condo on 7 mile beach and dove all over the island. we tried a few different operators and preferred off the wall divers. Small boat ( 6 max ) , great operators. They really catered to where and what we wanted to dive.
Enjoy!

If your budget is up to it -

Ocean Frontiers on Grand Cayman for one week then Paradise Villas on Little Cayman.

Aggressor will normally do all the popular Grand Cayman sites but you may may find the weather blows out the crossing to the Sister Islands at that time of year so definitely consider one week on either Little Cayman or Cayman Brac.

The alternative on Grand Cayman is to get a room at Harbour View Apartments just outside George Town, get a rental car, do all the popular shore dives, Stingray City and maybe a couple of two-tank boat trips.

Back
Top Bottom