Cayman Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

manta_man

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
This may not be the correct forum, but I am looking for information on a good dive op that does the advanced dives in the Cayman Islands. I like to set up my own gear and do not require frills. I like advanced diving with 6-8 pack groups where you can dive your tank or computer. Good local eating places for my non diving wife to enjoy. Thanks in advance to all

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

post moved...

Try Dusty at Dive 'n' Stuff and/or Chris at Eden Rock Divers. Those are the only 2 boat captains I happen to know of who make an effort to get off the beaten track and do something different. Most Cayman dive ops (including all the ones mentioned here frequently - DiveTech, Ocean Frontiers, Don Foster's) are strongly oriented towards beginners because that's where the market is.

Try Dusty at Dive 'n' Stuff and/or Chris at Eden Rock Divers. Those are the only 2 boat captains I happen to know of who make an effort to get off the beaten track and do something different. Most Cayman dive ops (including all the ones mentioned here frequently - DiveTech, Ocean Frontiers, Don Foster's) are strongly oriented towards beginners because that's where the market is.
Thanks for that information, sounds exactly what I am looking for, out of the way, smaller operation with no frills and good bottom times.
I looked at your site and it reminds me of my time in Hawaii during the early 80's when we dove with back packs and little else. Sounds like paradise where you live, I have a winter home in Cozumel, but want to explore the great dive sites of the world. Palau is still my favorite.

Ocean Frontiers would be my go to dive operation. For eating, a simple local lunch at a fair price would be Rankins Jerk Chicken. For an evening out try the Lighthouse, book the table overlooking the water, very nice. If your not in the East End these spots are a little out of the way. Diving with OF, the conditions can be a bit rough or fun, depends how you look at it. Sounds like you want some great diving and can handle a bit of waves and wind.

I have a DIR take on things and enjoy the mix of levels with OF, they will provide DIN valves with EANx32 if you want. Going back for three weeks in Dec/Jan.

Good luck.

Diving with Dusty tomorrow. You coming Alex?

Diving with Dusty tomorrow. You coming Alex?

Umm, No. I'm going on a "Drift Dive" with some locals but where they expect to find current for drifting is a mystery at the moment. I have been on a number of "drift dives" in the past where we kind of floated around aimlessly, pretending the "current" was actually taking us somewhere ... :confused:

I will check in with Dusty next weekend, I think. Have fun!

This afternoon I dived Elmo, a little-dived site in the Breakers area. It has 2 humungous swim-thrus you could drive a truck through that spit you out onto the wall at about 110'. Very worthwhile.

Is Dusty back from the States yet?

Alex if you dive with him next week mention that you might be diving over the Thanksgiving weekend with him,that is a busy time for him.I think he will do some of the "oddball" South Side stuff then.

Best Always
John

Dusty gets back Tuesday..

Night shore dives anyone?

So where is the cheapest place to by Cay Brew... $8.50 a six pack? It is local beer for goodness sake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom