Cayman Brac Travel Tips?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randall

Reaction score
My wife and I are leaving for Brac Reef Resort this Saturday. I dive, she does not. We haven't been there in about 4 years and I've been reading the scare stories about baggage on the Island hoppers in the Caymans. Has anyone been there recently that could give us a few tips on luggage and Carry ons? I want to take my dive computer, Dive Camera (nothing fancy.....Cannon A95 with housing and a few rechargable batteries) and a travel sized CPAP machine in my carry on with my dive gear in a seperate bag (good dive bag with wheels) with a few clothes. Anyone know the rules on Cayman airlines? I've tried to find something online, but can't seem to connect.

Thanks in advance!!

Randall

FAA rules exclude medical equipment, such as CPAPs, from weight and carry-on restrictions. I don't know if Cayman has similar rules.

I emailed Cayman Airlines to ask them, but they never responded.

I suggest calling them. Please let us know what they say.

Thank you divetag and fisheater. I've talked with the Cayman Airlines a couple of times today. One carry on and one checked bag no more than 55 lbs is what they are saying.

I was told they do not participate in the FAA exemption on medical equipment such as CPAP devices and they do count as a carry-on bag and in the weight portion of baggage.

Oh well....thanks to you both for your help!!

Happy Diving to you both!

Randall

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom