Cayman Brac or Turks & Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericds

New
Reaction score
Pondering a trip in May:
Cayman Brac staying at Brac Reef Resort and diving with Reef Divers,
or
Turks & Caicos staying at Ocean Club Resorts and diving with
Caicosadventures.
I've stayed at Little Cayman Beach resort and the now closed Brac Reef
Divi Tiara and enjoyed both. Looking for dive operator and hotels with
wheelchair access for me and dive sites with short boat rides for
spouse with mild seasickness.

Not going with a group so looking for a place with a sociable tiki
bar, and a dive operation where no gear lugging is required.

Flying from mid southern state on east coast, expect airfares to be
the same at $600 or so.

Looking for the island feel without too much McDonalds but want the
basic amenities and then some.

Feedback bubble blowing brethren?

Welcome to Scubaboard! Having been to all three islands (Provo, Little Cayman and Brac) and based on your requirements of a short boat ride I would put you back on Little Cayman. The boat rides on Provo are going to be 45 minutes. The best diving in the Caymans is a ten minute boat ride off Little Cayman. Quite frankly, I wasn't impressed with the Brac diving. Everyone was hyped about the weekly two tank to LC! Why not just go to LC?

We haven't been to T&C, nor the Brac, but had a great time this past Jan. on LC and I'd go back there again anytime! I concur whole heartedly with Tim. Why endure long boat rise to Bloody Bay Wall when it's right around the corner from the LC resorts?

Here's a few pics:
http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/2408079#126230439

Cheers, alashas

I'll be underwater as much as possible. Not sure if girlfriend will do everydive. May be more to do on CB than LC.

Have been to both, you would see more big stuff at T&C with Fifi (CA), Brac diving is very good, IMHO better than GC but not quite what LC has, yet if you know the dive sites like I do at the Brac there is excellent diving there. You can't lose either way. Maybe more varied at the Brac, pillar, some reefs... some walls, some wrecks and at the Brac night dives which CA doesn't do.

Caymaniac,

I couldnt agree more. Bloody Bay wall at LC is nothing short of spectacular. The underwater and land topography makes Cayman Brac a more diverse place to dive. The sheerness of Bloody Bay walls cannot be compared to. That is why Brac Reef offers trips to Little Cayman so that divers can experience Bloody Bay. There is just so much underwater scenery to be seen that its impossible to see it all in 7 nights!

In regards to boat ride length on the Brac, 80% of moorings are a 2 to 20 minute boat ride from the dock and the best around the west end of the island are less than 10 minutes.

Hello BracReef, I am so glad to see that someone at my favorite place on earth is paying attention to this board! To add my 2cents worth, there is no finer diving anywhere than Cayman Brac, unless it is Little Cayman. That said, still I love Brac because no matter what kind of wind is blowing, there is almost always a 'lee side to dive on... and those sites toward the east end on both sides of Brac are really special. Coming home in a few months so keep a light on for me.....:D :D :D

JBeach,

Please let me know when you plan on returning to the resort. I will be sure to extend to you our repeat guest discount!! If you have any pics, top side or below, please post them. There have been some great shots of the island.

Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom