Cayman Aggressor - best time of year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Brodydog - although much further away, I'm now looking at September, 2018. That is another Dive-the-World 25% discount week and from reading through old Captain's logs, it looks like they make the crossing nearly 100% of the time in September.

I'm surprised the crossing is made almost 100% of the time in September since that's hurricane and tropical storm season. That being said we travel to the Caribbean a lot in the fall and have been lucky to have had good luck and missed the bad storms, a couple of times by only a week or so.

Tammy

Hi Illini_Fan

I was on the Cayman Aggressor from 29th April to 6th May this year and we did make the crossing to Little Cayman. The Captain explained that the issue with Little Cayman is related to the direction in which the wind is blowing and depth of mooring on the reef. I got the impression that the wind could be blowing the wrong way on any particular week all year.

I'd advise you to go for it regardless, the diving on Grand Cayman was as good as Little Cayman and the advantage of the Aggressor was that we were always moored above our morning dive site and were first in the water. And the whole experience was fantastic, great food, great crew, great diving.

The one tip I do have is try to avoid cabin 9 which is next to the engine room and consequently rather noisy, even at anchor.

Darren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom