Cavern training!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will agree with Andy here (My GOD, WHAT am I thinking!?). If you have the hose length, dive it, baby! Other than getting it adjusted under your waistband, it is really no more hassle than not, at least in my experience. I have started coiling it up and clipping it off to the right shoulder Dring while putting my gear together. This keeps it out of the way until you actually get into the BC.

Uhh.. not far. Vis was terrible up the run, and she was having some problems. I had wanted to drop down to the ear, outside the cavern, but that was a no go.

crap...

better look stuff up before dissing Scubafool

Why? that's what we did.

I actually enjoyed that dive, it was relatively quick and fun, the logs added a sense of interest and ascending without flying to the surface was even more fun..

H2Andy:
crap...

better look stuff up before dissing Scubafool
HAHA!

You edited just in time, my locqacious acquaintance. I have the book in front of me, opened to the page. Betwixt my rereading your post and my quoting it to shame you back into your hole, you realized the peril of your situation! Begone with you, afore you shame yourself further! Trifle with your betters no more, ye knave!

SmileMon:
Why? that's what we did.

I actually enjoyed that dive, it was relatively quick and fun, the logs added a sense of interest and ascending without flying to the surface was even more fun..

Wasn't the entrance and exit through the Ear some fun?

Trust me, it does get easier with practice. But then again, the last time I came out of there, I was hanging on with 2 hands and one fin, with a flooded mask, trying to figure out how I was going to undo my primary tie off, while laughing at myself. I am not sure, but I think Jean was laughing at me as well. Wicked, evil woman.

SmileMon:
Why? that's what we did.

It was her first dive after certification, and she was having problems desending. Doing that drop cleanly takes bit of practice, and pretty decent buoyancy.

Oh, I can understand that.

Well, you'll have plenty of time preparing for your next adventure, you thumb the dive to live to dive another day!

scubafool:
Wasn't the entrance and exit through the Ear some fun?

Trust me, it does get easier with practice. But then again, the last time I came out of there, I was hanging on with 2 hands and one fin, with a flooded mask, trying to figure out how I was going to undo my primary tie off, while laughing at myself. I am not sure, but I think Jean was laughing at me as well. Wicked, evil woman.

I was doing exactly the same thing, the strong flow doesn't give you any other options...

Just don't waste anybody's air opening a knot, just figure it out on the surface after you reeled the mess back in there.. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom