Cavern diving in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zeagle911

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just come back from my second Cenotes trip and have certainly gote the bug for cavern diving, but its a long way to go from the U.K.
Does anyone know good cavern diving in Europe?

Hi Zeagle911,

one of the best saltwater cavediving in Europe is in Sardinia, the second biggest Italian island.
Be informed that you can fly dirctly from England to Sardinia with Ryanair for a very low price.

My friends run this dive shop: High expectations are the key to success - tp
and the do a lot of explorations of new caves in Sardinia

I know them personally very well and they are GREAT!

Best regards
Chris

Hi Zeagle911,

one of the best saltwater cavediving in Europe is in Sardinia, the second biggest Italian island.
Be informed that you can fly dirctly from England to Sardinia with Ryanair for a very low price.

I agree. The area of Capo Caccia, close to Alghero (Sardinia) is rich of great caves. I dove in Nereo Cave some times, and it's wonderful. Many other caves there, very interesting. In addition, besides the caves, the sea is fantastic.

The site Area Marina Protetta Capo Caccia / Isola Piana is not for divers, but it gives you an idea of what the underwater caves are.

The closest airport is Olbia.

Ciao,
Andrea

The next airport to Alghero is Alghero and the Divesites of Capo .

Ryanair fly daily from London Stansted - Alghero and from a lot of other Destinations too.

Alghero airport - information alghero airport

But to drive to Cala Gonone where Protec Sardinia is located,
it's way faster to fly to Olbia instead to Alghero as mentioned by Andrea.

Best regards

Chris

You also have cavern diving in Menorca.

Why don't you get certified in England and start cave diving here? I know it's a bit different from the Mexican cenotes... but it would open many doors to other types of caves. And then France is very close and has several caves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom