Cave Diving Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roughwater

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering what agencies offer an internationally recognised Cave Diving Rating. I believe PADI has a cavern course, but not a cave course?

Other questions I have are:

a) Does that agency recognise other agency qualifications. (ie, if I'm a Basic Cave rating now, is that recognised), and

b) Do they have expiry dates, or is the license perpetual?

Thanks

Well, I'm not a representative of any agency but what I know is that:
IANTD, TDI, NSS and NACD certs are widely recognized among the cave divers community, all around the world.
And what I also understand is that Apprentice is the one that expires (it's valid for a year, and then you have to do the full cave).
Basic cave/intro to cave issued by one is recognized by all these mentioned above (at least in my case:))))

Mania

Hi,

I was wondering what agencies offer an internationally recognised Cave Diving Rating. I believe PADI has a cavern course, but not a cave course?

Other questions I have are:

a) Does that agency recognise other agency qualifications. (ie, if I'm a Basic Cave rating now, is that recognised), and

b) Do they have expiry dates, or is the license perpetual?

Thanks

Here's what comes too mind --- NSS-CDS NACD TDI IANTD NAUI GUE - there may be a few more. All offer FULL CAVE certs. Only GUE has a time limit that it is good for. All others are good for life. As far as Appr. Cave, it is good only for one year - you have to move on to Full Cave within a year.

Thanks all for your replies. Looks like I can go TDI very simply from here.

Cheers for your help!

Most agencies offer the option of doing Cavern, then Intro to Cave either separately or together, then either Apprentice cave in 2-3 days or the longer Full Cave course in one 4 day shot.

If you are ready for Full Cave, it makes snese to just do it and get it out of the way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom