Cave Diver Lights - Canister

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just ran across this auction on Ebay for the power cord and other light parts. Just incase anyone is still looking.

Canister light parts

Scott

DIR Tec Diver once bubbled...
Homemade lights and cave diving???? Come on! Please please please do not do this. Your life is not worth saving a few bucks. These lights are expensive, but that is for a reason - they are the best. Building these things by yourself can and will most likely result in a failure and then what do you do??? Your life is not worth the pride of saying I made this myself. Just make the investment in the proper light and make the smart choice. You will appreciate it every time you dive, and have 1 less thing to worry about during your dive

David

While many great things start out as DIY projects, "DIR Tec Diver" has a point not all DIY projects work out the same way.

If you are really serious about exploration back up lights are with out a doubt needed and not just one but two.

These can be store bought or DIY made. But they have to be properly tested if you are using them in locations that a failed light would mean serious problems in surfacing or finding the exit.

It's up to you what you use, but remember to be safe - if that is your tried and tested DIY canister light - great! If it's a store bought canister at $1000+ then as long as its tested, not just inthe store, then that's fine too.

It should not be about the brand or non-brand, but about effectiveness of equipment.

Picture, pictures, we all want to see what these look like.

(so we can try ourselves :) )

=-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom