Wanted Caution...Fraudulent DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wallowa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Caution, I got scammed with a fraudulent DM and then Venmo purchase....I was recommended to contact "Kevin" for these spacers and webbing...this PM was from "Mreasy" but it was a fraud. No idea how you can send a PM from this forum and not have it recorded..I so much wanted the parts that I failed to scrutinize the PM and emails...my bad...Kevin bilk me out of $70

Contacted LPA after the fact and he knows nothing about this or anyone named Kevin...

"Mreasy started a new conversation with you at ScubaBoard.

USD triple 30cf ABS [bent manifold] Straps and or Delrin [?] Mounting Blocks

Hey Wallowa, LPA has USD triple 30cf ABS [bent manifold] Straps and or Delrin [?] Mounting Blocks that might be applicable to your need. I would advice to email him for pictures if you're still interested. I suggest email because he his yet to upload pics to the forum which give me assurance that he hasn't sell it.. kevindurand024@yahoo.com

You're not the only one. I got multiple fraudulent DM's saying to contact suchandsuch that had the part I was looking for. A short while later, the DM and account dissapeared. Something didn't feel right about it, so I counted it as a scam.

You're not the only one. I got multiple fraudulent DM's saying to contact suchandsuch that had the part I was looking for. A short while later, the DM and account dissapeared. Something didn't feel right about it, so I counted it as a scam.
I was in too much of a hurry and got burnt...my errors, many red flags! Live and learn...sorry used PM and not correct DM...hey, another error!

Oh wow. The same thing happened to me after posting I was looking for a Goodman handle. Same MO. Now the message is gone.
I didn't respond cause in the mean time I bought the item new.

Appreciate your heads up & sorry you got burned. Trader Histories help, but I spose even those could be finagled by the wrong minds. 1-2 reference requests may help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom