Catching a fish with my bare hands. Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey...let's do an experiment and see the effects of having no bacteria on your skin does to ya and see if you notice how much good bacteria you have on yathat may be harmful to coral :D

Experiment = OP and mbader takes antibiotics for a few days.

Very interesting effects that antibiotics has on a person. I luv my good bacteria...not that I would know from experience or nothing. But try the experiment:D

:rofl3:

I feel the love.

you know, maybe he shouldnt have touched it.. HOWEVER, as a lot of divers (and probably you) do catch lobster, you probably touch a LOT of coral digging into holes blah blah blah....

coral is sensitive, but it isnt like messing with spider web.

stop being internet police of divers... if you are protesting this you had better have no pictures of lobsters or fish youve shot...

i bet you didnt think of the irreversible emotional damage you caused the family of the lobsters and fish you caught... hahahahaha

anyway...

you know, maybe he shouldnt have touched it.. HOWEVER, as a lot of divers (and probably you) do catch lobster, you probably touch a LOT of coral digging into holes blah blah blah....

Actually, I've seen a lot of this, and anyone else who's paying attention and thinking about it have seen it too.

stop being internet police of divers... if you are protesting this you had better have no pictures of lobsters or fish youve shot...

i bet you didnt think of the irreversible emotional damage you caused the family of the lobsters and fish you caught... hahahahaha

anyway...

ohhh grosss...hush...I don't eat seafood. please....just the tuna out of the can. heavens sake, what's wrong with ya:popcorn:

no pictures of lobsters or fish youve shot
Yes, I have shot alot of lobsters and other sealife with my underwater camera from 5 feet away. What is your point:D

He is just sitting on a rock.
You call that a rock? Looks like a tabling acropora to me do a search on acropora cytherea... I noticed in one of your pics you don't even have you bc inflater hooked up, but what scares me the most is from your actions in the first video, it looks like you might be a DM handing the fish off to other divers. Obviously you can do what you want but I suggest quitting while you're ahead. Don't post for awhile and do some reading. If you ever hope to make friends here you might want to forget about this logon name and start fresh... I don't hate you but when I first read/watched your post I thought you were a fool. Then you posted more photos and removed all doubt about your ignorance. There is a difference between ignorance and apathy, I hope you choose to become informed so this wont happen again and prove that you are not an apathetic moron.

I hope you choose to become informed so this wont happen again and prove that you are not an apathetic moron.

OK wait. I'm an apathetic moron myself. "I would prefer not to." I think what's really annoying people is the Mentos Moment. Maybe he really thought he was in a european commercial about mints. Without the mints.

anyway...

Sure, I'll own this. I believe you're directing this at me: a man who has been spearfishing and catching lobster for years. First, I don't touch coral. Second, I don't touch any live being that I am not going to feed to my family. Third, with the right Beurre blanc sauce the jewels of the Gulf taste incredible.

1/2 cup of white wine
2 tbs heavy cream
1 lime
1 stick of REAL butter (no margarine) Cut into pats.
salt
pepper

reduce the wine until it's about 2 tbs. Add cream and lime and cook 1 minute.
Take off heat.
Add butter.

the great thing about this recipe is that you can add whatever seasonings/spices you want to the wine..

So grab some lobsters, shoot some fish don't just ("catch" them), and smother them in this sauce. It's also great for dipping bread.

Enjoy.

ODM

Well, the OP can put his fish catching skills to good use in the swamps of the southern US of A.

Try noodling.:idea:

sutton_noodling_04_210230.jpg

Make sure ya don't glide your fingers over the inside gills of the catfish. Cut ya up worse than a razor blade.

I’d strongly suggest anyone who wants a good laugth/cry go check out his photos at photos.falleh.com

Bader – what is your fascination with touching/grabbing anything you can get your hands on? Is it simply bad buoyancy control?

Hundereds of underwater photos, with not a single instance of a diver showing good trim/buoyancy control or environmental awareness. When not rota tilling the bottom in your vertical diving stance or dragging gauges over the reef you and your friends are grabbing anything you can find.

Just so many things are wrong in your photos I am lost for words. You are certainly among the worse divers I have ever seen captured on film.

If you love the underwater environment as you say then my only suggestion is: please stop diving. Most diving operations around the world would ban you if they caught you diving as you do - and for good reason.

You ask for opinions - you get them.

Back
Top Bottom