Catalonia Yucatan, Mayan Riviera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ed Hatfield

Contributor
Reaction score
Ontario , Canada & Playa del Carmen, Mexico
# of dives
500 - 999
I am booked at this resort, 16 February for one week, with non-diving friends. I need to know if the resort has an on-site operation or if I need to go elsewhere for a dive operator. I am also interested in a trip to one of the cenotes and since I only get to go once, I need some feedback as to which is the best 'if you only get to choose one'. This is a holiday for my wife, so I will dive in the mornings, probably a total of 4 'two-tank boat dives' with a return to the resort by 1300hrs. I am taking off to Belize for a week in March with my Dive Club so I can't push my luck with too much diving in February.

Ed Hatfield:
I am booked at this resort, 16 February for one week, with non-diving friends. I need to know if the resort has an on-site operation or if I need to go elsewhere for a dive operator. I am also interested in a trip to one of the cenotes and since I only get to go once, I need some feedback as to which is the best 'if you only get to choose one'. This is a holiday for my wife, so I will dive in the mornings, probably a total of 4 'two-tank boat dives' with a return to the resort by 1300hrs. I am taking off to Belize for a week in March with my Dive Club so I can't push my luck with too much diving in February.

My non-diving wife & I stayed there last year & loved it. I dove in the am for a couple days & then we did a combo Cenote dive/snorkle trip two days (wife snorkled while I dove, she loved it)

We went with Dennis @ http://diablodivers.com/
He will pick you up @ the resort. I highly reccomend Dennis.

We enjoyed the resort, not fancy but good food/drinks. Pro dive is on site but all they have is a "hut" there, never inquired about their diving.

Any other ?, send me a PM

Terry

Thanks for the info. Usually when you see a 'hut' it means it is a sales booth and they contract the diving to someone off-site. I've seen a couple of posts that recommend Diablo Divers. Your comments are much appreciated. Which cenote was best?

Ed Hatfield:
Thanks for the info. Usually when you see a 'hut' it means it is a sales booth and they contract the diving to someone off-site. I've seen a couple of posts that recommend Diablo Divers. Your comments are much appreciated. Which cenote was best?

I dove Does Ojos, Grande, Ponderosa, can't really say one was better than other but each one had different features.

If you decide to go with Diablo Divers, contact him asap because he is usually booked.

Don't forget to stop @ Paco's Tacos stand. (just try to get a beef taco!)

Have fun

Terry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom