Catalina Lobster Trip Oct 21-23

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I had a few last minute cancellations so...

Paradise Dive Center would like to invite you on a 2010

Lobster Trip to Catalina Island.

We Board the Sand Dollar at its birth in San Pedro Wednesday October 20th after 3:00 pm, Motor over that night and Dive Thursday, Friday, and Saturday October 21st, 22nd, and 23rd. Then come home the night of October 23rd or the day of October the 24th.

The cost of the trip is $475.00* per person and includes all your food, non alcoholic beverages, and air fills on the boat. Tanks and weights are included as well. Nitrox is available at an additional cost.

You do have to get yourself to the boat.

The best part of this trip is that the gates are open 24/7 as long as the boat is not under power. That means unlimited night diving for those who desire it.

We recently completed a trip aboard The Sand Dollar. Everyone had a great time. The boat is clean and well run. We as a group did well on the hunt. The crew was knowledgeable and helpful. The food was delicious and plentiful. And of course the ultimate compliment to the boat and crew, we are going back.

Space is limited so please do not wait to contact me about the trip.

I hope you join us,

Bob Meyer
Paradise Dive Center
530 872 7707

Last edited by a moderator:
Just joined the forum (and also recently got certified), so sorry for a stupid question

What does a Lobster Trip involve?
Catching lobsters while scuba diving... But how many on average? What equipment is required/good to have? Day or night?

Just joined the forum (and also recently got certified), so sorry for a stupid question

What does a Lobster Trip involve?
Catching lobsters while scuba diving... But how many on average? What equipment is required/good to have? Day or night?

Congratulations on getting certified, a whole new world is open to you now. Enjoy it as often as you can.

To answer your questions, I believe currently you can catch 7 a day and have 21 in possession. You will need a California fishing license and a ocean enhancement stamp. For gear all you really need beside your normal SCUBA gear is a mesh catch bag, lobster gauge, a mesh bag to store your lobsters in once caught, and a flash light (or two) if your night diving.

You can catch lobsters day or night. But they are nocturnal critters and we do do quite a few night dives.

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom