Case for Cobalt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sempka

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does Atomic Aquatics plan on selling a case for the Cobalt. The computer is great, but it really needs to come with a case. Also a good way to connect the computer to the BC. I already broke the bow at the top on one using that to connect it to a BC and still don't like what I have.

Does Atomic Aquatics plan on selling a case for the Cobalt. The computer is great, but it really needs to come with a case. Also a good way to connect the computer to the BC. I already broke the bow at the top on one using that to connect it to a BC and still don't like what I have.

Well I couldn't wait and made my own out of neoprene and some wetsuit cement- fits like a glove and protects the screen great!

The bow on top definitely should be more robust, but it will be much less likely to break if you use webbing to spread the load:
photo 1aaa.jpgphoto 2aaa.jpg

Lots of good, cheap case options, two of which are here and here.
photo 4.jpg

I recently purchased a Cobalt and so far love it. After getting it I was interested in finding a case for it. I didn’t see one from Atomic, which I see from reading this thread, has been discussed. I will say after a little searching I found a case which I find ideal and thought I would share the find. This case is designed for a GPS device, it is pseudo hard, and has an internal mess web that holds the Cobalt in place so no matter how it is opened the DC will not fall out. It has a pouch on the inside top cover (opposite of the DC) which the adapter and USB cable fit perfectly into. You can find it at any BestBuy for under $25 Lowepro - 5.0 Navi Shield for Most 5" GPS - LP36327-0AM. See the photo for how the Cobalt fits the case.
DSCN0599.jpgDSCN0600.jpg

Check out the following link http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...tics-cobalt-dive-computer-53.html#post5940661 if you are talking about breaking the top bow so did this guy. Ron was able to help him get a replacement case and install it himself.

Hello Sempka....This is something I will have our Technicians look at! Thank you for the recommendation!

Ryan
Atomic

---------- Post Merged at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Thanks Bractime for helping us with this!

Ryan
Atomic

---------- Post Merged at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Hello Cobalt users! The idea of a protective case has been a huge topic of discussion and I believe that this issue is currently being addressed by our technicians! I will update this forum when I find out news about if/when a case will be released. Thanks to all that have supported Atomic and the incredible Cobalt!

Ryan
Atomic

I hope you make it attractive enough for,those of us who have already purchased a couple of these computers.

Perhaps it will be a $25 Pelican case with an extremely attractive $75 Atomic Aquatics logo on it :wink:

Back
Top Bottom