Carnival Cruise from San Juan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lovetodive2

Reaction score
I was hoping someone could share anything they
know about diving areas and dive shops for the
Cruise I am taking in June. Below is my schedule

Leave from San Juan 10:00pm Sunday
St. Thomas - 7:00 am - 5pm
Dominica - 9:00 am - 6:00pm
Barbados - 7:00 - 10:00pm
Aruba - 8:00 - 11:00pm

Then back to San Juan for 4 days.

I would like to dive at much as possible. Would appreciate
any suggestions on dive areas or shops. Especially in
San Juan. Thanks

On St. Thomas, I'd go with Chris Sawyer dive center who has an excellent reputation, or Admiralty dive who runs a 6 pack and will do a 3 tank dive and pick you up from the ships pier
On Aruba, I went with DiveAruba.com Smaller operator with a 6 pack boat. I recently read a very favorable trip report about Aruba Fly-n-Dive http://www.searuba.com/ so I'd probably try to go with them. Looks like on Aruba you have time to do an afternoon dive too. I also went with http://www.pelican-aruba.com/ for an afternoon dive on the wreck Antilla (sp) I didn't find it super impressive because the vis was only fair in the afternoon.

From what I have heard not much if any diving in San Juan area. You have to go out from there (I forget the town but I believe it is abt an hour away).

Unlike many, I use the excursion through the ship. If there is a foul up, the ship will wait for one of their excursions, they will not wait for u if your timing gets messed up.

I used The Dive Shop in Barbados,They will send someone to pick you up at the pier.We did 2 smaller wrecks which were fun.I stayed in Aruba and dove with Red Sail.they have bigger boats and I believe they were used by the cruise ships when they came to call.I really liked the antilla dive we were able to penetrate thru huge cut-outs on the sides.Domenica we went on an Island tour with Reyno Tours and the guide arranged for a group of 12 to snorkel Champagne He may be able to set up a dive there .The tour was fantastic and should not be missed.{emerald pool,Trafalgar Falls].I should tell you we did this itenerary about 4 years ago.I found Reyno Tours on the Boards somewhere.The dive Shop has a web site.Good luck

I am going to be on Carnival's Destiny (same itinerary) sailing Sunday June 20th. We plan to dive at every port if possible. There are two other threads with requests for info on Southern Carib dive info, so check them out as well. I will keep my thread updated with info as I receive it ... so stay tuned!

And, just curious, what is your sail date?

lovetodive2:
I was hoping someone could share anything they
know about diving areas and dive shops for the
Cruise I am taking in June. Below is my schedule

Leave from San Juan 10:00pm Sunday
St. Thomas - 7:00 am - 5pm
Dominica - 9:00 am - 6:00pm
Barbados - 7:00 - 10:00pm
Aruba - 8:00 - 11:00pm

Then back to San Juan for 4 days.

I would like to dive at much as possible. Would appreciate
any suggestions on dive areas or shops. Especially in
San Juan. Thanks

:scubadive I just came back from Aruba. I dove 9 dives with DiveAruba. Great operation. If you dive with them, tell Clive that Bob from Boston said hi! :scubadive

KimRDH:
I am going to be on Carnival's Destiny (same itinerary) sailing Sunday June 20th. We plan to dive at every port if possible. There are two other threads with requests for info on Southern Carib dive info, so check them out as well. I will keep my thread updated with info as I receive it ... so stay tuned!

And, just curious, what is your sail date?

My sail date is June 13th. Have you been on
Cruisecritic.com?? You can find people on
your same cruise date. I know I have seen
a few with your date of the 20th.

Thanks for all the information everyone. Can't
wait to dive!! :)

lovetodive2:
My sail date is June 13th. Have you been on
Cruisecritic.com?? You can find people on
your same cruise date. I know I have seen
a few with your date of the 20th.

Thanks for all the information everyone. Can't
wait to dive!! :)

Yes, I am quite familiar with CruiseCritic.com ... I am a cruise travel agent ... but very new to diving. There will be three of us completing our referral dives on this sailing.

I have contacted at least three or four shops on each island and have had prompt responses and great info from all EXCEPT for Dominica!!

Once I hear back from everyone, I plan to post my info on this ScubaBoard. At this point, it looks like I will booking dives with Marty @ Admiralty in St. Thomas, Sara @ One-on-One in Barbados (or maybe Michael Mahy if I can find out more about him on this board??), and Clive @ Dive Aruba in Aruba.

Hope you guys have calm seas, blue skies, and clear waters!!

Kim

KimRDH:
Yes, I am quite familiar with CruiseCritic.com ... I am a cruise travel agent ... but very new to diving. There will be three of us completing our referral dives on this sailing.

I have contacted at least three or four shops on each island and have had prompt responses and great info from all EXCEPT for Dominica!!

Once I hear back from everyone, I plan to post my info on this ScubaBoard. At this point, it looks like I will booking dives with Marty @ Admiralty in St. Thomas, Sara @ One-on-One in Barbados (or maybe Michael Mahy if I can find out more about him on this board??), and Clive @ Dive Aruba in Aruba.

Hope you guys have calm seas, blue skies, and clear waters!!

Kim

Thanks Kim....to bad you weren't going a week earlier.
Look forward to your post when you make your dive
plans. I'll also post mine, once my plans are made.

Tina

Back
Top Bottom