Caribbean Explorer II - 6-13 december

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malene

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,
I'll be doing the Saba - St Kitts itinerary on the Caribbean Explorer II liveaboard on the week starting on the 6th December. Anyone also going at those dates ?
And if anyone has done it before, I would welcome your advice or comments. This is my first time in the Caribbean. So far, I have been spoiled (Red Sea, Indonesia and Philippines) and I wanted to see a different area and see how different it is.
One month to wait !

Just came home from there(11-18 TO 25) My first live aboard enjoyed it. I did 21 of the 27 planned dives. Hurricane Omar past through the week before we were there, had things stirred up, hope they settled down for your trip I had a problem with an ear infection take ear drops .
hfd098@comcast.net

Thanks for the tip Rob. I'll take something for the ears.
or the visibility, I can only hope it will be better....
What sort of fish did you see ?

Malene,

Just returned from the St Kitts, Stacia, Saba ... Caribbean Explorer II yesterday. I am going to post a complete trip report in a day or two but thought I would get a quick post to you here too. For a few photos you can click this link.

Some dive site/reef damage as a result of Hurricane Omar. One of the really pretty sites on St. Kitts, Paradise Reef is really hammered. Don't miss "Diamond Rock" on Saba. Stunning dive site! What will you see? More sting rays, trunk fish, turtles , octopus, and lobsters than I have seen anywhere else. Throw in nurse and reef sharks, tarpon, moon jellies, etc. Keep your eyes out for a occasional sea wasp.

Boat: Showing some of its age but well set-up. Ice maker didn't work 2 of the 6 days, circuit breaker in main salon kept tripping and killing the lights at night. Beds were comfortable, A/C in cabins worked really well (read -- can get cold). Definitely take a pair of sweats or polar fleece pants and long-sleeve jacket. Deck can get a bit cold after those night dives.

Crew: Always willing to help, try to make you stay comfortable. Zack, the chef is quite good. Some of our crew was new that week so they were still learning the various things about the boat and the dive sites.

Overall, had a great time and would go back again.
Hello,
I'll be doing the Saba - St Kitts itinerary on the Caribbean Explorer II liveaboard on the week starting on the 6th December. Anyone also going at those dates ?
And if anyone has done it before, I would welcome your advice or comments. This is my first time in the Caribbean. So far, I have been spoiled (Red Sea, Indonesia and Philippines) and I wanted to see a different area and see how different it is.
One month to wait !

Malene,

Just returned from the St Kitts, Stacia, Saba ... Caribbean Explorer II yesterday. I am going to post a complete trip report in a day or two but thought I would get a quick post to you here too. For a few photos you can click this link.

Some dive site/reef damage as a result of Hurricane Omar. One of the really pretty sites on St. Kitts, Paradise Reef is really hammered. Don't miss "Diamond Rock" on Saba. Stunning dive site! What will you see? More sting rays, trunk fish, turtles , octopus, and lobsters than I have seen anywhere else. Throw in nurse and reef sharks, tarpon, moon jellies, etc. Keep your eyes out for a occasional sea wasp.

Boat: Showing some of its age but well set-up. Ice maker didn't work 2 of the 6 days, circuit breaker in main salon kept tripping and killing the lights at night. Beds were comfortable, A/C in cabins worked really well (read -- can get cold). Definitely take a pair of sweats or polar fleece pants and long-sleeve jacket. Deck can get a bit cold after those night dives.

Crew: Always willing to help, try to make you stay comfortable. Zack, the chef is quite good. Some of our crew was new that week so they were still learning the various things about the boat and the dive sites.

Overall, had a great time and would go back again.

Thanks a lot Steve. I am really looking forward to this trip. It looks like a lot of the fish are a bit different from what you can see in the Red Sea and South-East Asia. It is always exciting to see new species.
And your pictures are fantastic, very interesting and varied. I really like the burr fish and the pics taken next to a pinacle where you see the surface of the sea.
Thanks again and I look forward to your trip report
Malene

Back
Top Bottom