Cargo pockets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMojo

Reaction score
Hi all i was wondering what peoples views on cargo pockets.I am finding i need to carry more things with me in the uk dirty waters and was looking at getting a cargo pocket ,but i stuck between the ones you stick to the dysuit and the one that attach to your harness webbing and strap around your leg.The latter seem more veratile as it would not matter which suit i am wearing are there any pro and cons to the variations.All advice welcome.

Regards
MAL..

I also have a Fifth D pocket and it is really nice. Two drainage holes also allow you to add a loop of bungee to hold items on.

Eric

thanks for the advice guys,but i could not get the website to load i shall try again later.The only problem is some stuff from america is hard to get in uk and if avilable it is at some crazy price .Any halycon gear is a third more expensive and only avilable from certain importers .

Regards,

MAL

Mal,

I'm in the US, and I can't get to it either. Site must be down.

MrMojo
Pockets are one of those things, it seems you either like them or not. I have them on my suits. I figured better to have them than not. To date the only thing I have carried in them is my back up decompression schedule, In case the other three evaporate, and an extra mask! I'm not in favor of carring a bag. Personally, I don't want any loose gear on my chest or sides. It would have a tendency to swing around and interfear with the management of my gear. As for something on my leg, I don't like things on my legs, knives, or bags, because of the potential of getting snagged. I also find getting into the hip cargo pocket, with all the velcro, isn't as easily accomplished.
Wreck/Tec

Wreck/Tec once bubbled...
MrMojo
Pockets are one of those things, it seems you either like them or not. I have them on my suits. I figured better to have them than not. To date the only thing I have carried in them is my back up decompression schedule, In case the other three evaporate, and an extra mask! I'm not in favor of carring a bag. Personally, I don't want any loose gear on my chest or sides. It would have a tendency to swing around and interfear with the management of my gear. As for something on my leg, I don't like things on my legs, knives, or bags, because of the potential of getting snagged. I also find getting into the hip cargo pocket, with all the velcro, isn't as easily accomplished.
Wreck/Tec

Why Is velcro so difficult?,
Where do you keep your Shears and Spools?

I use a Viking suit nad didn't like the glue on pockets, so! bought the Cordura Nylon, velcro and fastex conectors and 1 inch nylon strap at fabric land.

A couple of hours on the sewing machine and poof.

Picture attached

MikeD
:blfish:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom