Care free ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HeadRx

New
Reaction score
So ive been thinking about it, and cant really pin-point any jobs. Im trying to figure out , you here of these people who work from home, which happens to be in nice tropical destinations. I mean, i know you could do some sort of computer work, but to live nicely from 60k in a place like that ? or can you, i must be mistaken

I know someone that tele-commutes for Sun from Hawaii. I think it was her idea..and she proposed it to them. My advice is, get a job with a company that has a precedent for this. Then, make yourself as indispensable and valuable as possible, asking for very little. Then, work out all the details in your mind by answering the questions they will be asking themselves when you request this. Then layout the proposal.... much easier to get a "yes" when you offer solutions up front to the obvious concerns. I have used this strategy in the past and am usually pleasantly surprised how well it works. Remember "drive the equation". Consulting is another area, but takes some years of experience ( connections, network) to be viable. Since I have not had a "job" for awhile, maybe I should not be mouthing off...but hey at least I have time to answer your post! :D

Why do you think that working from home leads to care free lifestyle? Let me tell you, it doesn't. You will find yourself working longer hours (for free) and longing for outside socialization. It is very difficult to keep your sanity being home alone all day if your a social person like I am.

That being said, I am going to grab another beer and go sit by the pool w/ my laptop :D

Back
Top Bottom