Car Break-in at 3 Tree North

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coachrenz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Arrived at 3 Tree North at about 6:00 PM. There was a silver newer model Yukon in the parking lot.

Suited up, enjoyed a good 45 minute dive and when returning to the truck, the Yukon was pulling out of the lot at a rapid pace. There were 3 or four teenaged youths in the Yukon.

After degearing, I found that the passenger side window of the truck had been shattered. I found the rock that was apparently used on the floor board near the driver's side door.

The cab of the truck had been ransacked pretty good.

We found that cash was removed from the wallets, but credit cards were left behind. Britany's cell phone had been taken (it had a broken screen) but my cell phone had been left.

Our hypothesis is that the youths in the Yukon were on the beach, they saw us enter the water, decided to break in the truck and we startled them as we came back up the hill. My cell phone was in my pants pockets, same as my wallet, but it wasn't found/taken.

They didn't take the radio or any of the other dive gear that had been left in the truck, just the cash, Britany's cell phone and 2 of the 3 Rice Crispy Treats at the front seat.

Beware!

Ugh, I'm sorry that happened. Our house was broken into when I was about 8 years old. Talk about feeling like a violation of privacy/personal space! One of these days, I hope their karma comes back to bite them in the a--.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom