Capt Vern Killed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is the first that I heard about Vern...I was planning on using him again in March.

Capt. Vernon, you will be dearly missed. I hope that the seas are treating you better in Heaven.

~Me~

Has there been any updates to Capt Vernon's murder?

Has anyone continued his ferry business?

Is there a memorial on Utila or Roatan for him; I wouls like to pay my respects?

Still sadden everytime I think about him?

~Michael~

no one has taken over as a daily service although a couple of boatmen on utila are doing it if and when they get three or more passengers. verns fiancee and family have said they'd like to continue the service but so far nothing has come of it. both culprits are in prison awaiting trial for murder although one's attorney has appealed to have his clients charge changed to accessory. the best bet right now is to fly over with captain angelo on island air based out of utila.

Thanks for the update...so an earlier post that one of the suspects was killed in prison is false?

its hard to know, i've heard multiple reports he was killed in jail (he still has family on utila) but the authorities say he is still awaiting trial.

Either way...I hope that Vern gets his justice (as much as possible). Even so nothing can replace Vernon. :(

Did Vern have an adult daughter?

i dont think so. after his murder his family came down from the states and spent time with his fiancee and visited utila to meet his friends, i never saw a daughter. his fiancee (who usually crewed with vern on a daily basis) and his brother told us they wanted to keep the service going even if it meant leasing the boat to someone else but so far this has not happened.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom