capital one rewards?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Becca65

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
so trying to use saved up Capital one rewards for a flight to Grand Cayman - anyone else use Capital one rewards for flights? Have to find them through Capital one? I can go on the airline page and they pretty much have flights every day - but using capital one rewards they don't seem to have flights on the days I was thinking of. I'm not totally locked in to any specific dates so it's not that big of a deal - but trying to figure out what days are available is kinda a pain - any pointers?

so trying to use saved up Capital one rewards for a flight to Grand Cayman - anyone else use Capital one rewards for flights? Have to find them through Capital one? I can go on the airline page and they pretty much have flights every day - but using capital one rewards they don't seem to have flights on the days I was thinking of. I'm not totally locked in to any specific dates so it's not that big of a deal - but trying to figure out what days are available is kinda a pain - any pointers?
From where to where and what dates? Pending the available airlines, there may be a transfer option. How many C1 miles do you have?

Feel free to DM or we can post here so others can learn.

With my C1 Venture card, I have simply applied the dollar value of the reward ($ = RewardMiles/100) to any travel purchase after the fact. You don't need to book through C1 travel to apply the rewards as dollars.

I just checked a Bahamas itinerary and C1 pricing was the same as Kayak.com.

You can get more value out of your C1 points by transferrring them to a frequent flyer program and then getting award flights, but availability can be an issue.

OTOH you can use points to pay off charges for travel, but you won’t get the same value for the same number of points. The advantage to this is flexibility.

You can get more value out of your C1 points by transferrring them to a frequent flyer program and then getting award flights, but availability can be an issue.

OTOH you can use points to pay off charges for travel, but you won’t get the same value for the same number of points. The advantage to this is flexibility.
When I looked again today, there were no US airlines participating. AeroMexico might be workable for some itineraries.

When I looked again today, there were no US airlines participating. AeroMexico might be workable for some itineraries.

You don’t have to use US airlines specifically.

For example you can use British airways points to fly on American

You can also use Turkish airlines points to fly on united.

Flying blue points (Air France/KLM) for delta.

I use the C1 cashback to help pay for vacation expenses but not 'miles rewards'. We HAVE used Capital One Travel to book our trips as the prices were significantly less compared to what we found on ITA Matrix, YMMV. We booked flights to Grand Cayman in October which dropped below $700 that had previously been over $1000 from Detroit. It might be worth a look.

For using frequent flyer miles, you can book through international airlines for domestic flights.

If you don't mind the extra work, you can go to roame.com and enter all frequent flyer programs you're part of, and include the ones you could transfer Capital One points to. That site will tell you how many points you'd need to a given destination. Or if you're open to different destinations, you could go to Google Flights and put in an open destination, and checkmark all the airlines you have points with, or could transfer points to.

To identify the best "Capital One transfer partners," google NerdWallet and those search terms, or I'll spoil and tell you this is the list (but the article has more details about each): 1. Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles · 2. Air France/KLM Flying Blue · 3. Air Canada Aeroplan · 4. Avianca LifeMiles · 5. Singapore Airlines · 6. Avios.

Good luck and have fun!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom