Cape Ann Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pictures! Looks to cold for me :wink:
In the one picture you write that you think it is a brine shrimp, are you sure? I used Brine shrimp for my science project for several years in a row - and they didn't look like that....lots smaller. Or are there different shrimp out there with the same name?

Sue, very nice and I see you had a good time. The conditions were not very good this last weekend (as I'm sure you noticed), lots of surf and surge and pretty lousy visibility. Is not the Gull restraurant just the best? I have never had a bad meal there.

On the photography, most excellent for a first timer. I did notice quite a few shots with motion blur, this is where you need to get close and use the flash to prevent. I also shot at an ASA of 400 to help minimize this. The first snake like fish was a Rock Gunnel, the second was probably a Pipe Fish. The shrimp was a Sand Shrimp, in the spring there are thick clouds of them.

Thanks for sharing. Much too cold for me. The tubular thing may be some kind of Sea Cucumber. I see them off the coast of Florida all the time.

Enjoyed your pics - thanks for sharing them.

I must not have checked the box for email notification and just happened to check the post and found all of your responses! Thanks for you kind comments. Regarding the motion blur - this was my first experiences in the ocean. (I took my Open Water at Dutch Springs and then went back for a day of 3 dives.) So, the motion was very much my inability to stay stable. As you can see as the pictures progress (they are in order of shooting) I got better, and I only wish I had one more dive to practice (imagine most divers say that - but I was truly way too tired! We did a night dive on Friday from Back Beach, then 2 boat dives on Saturday and Sunday.)

And yes, it was cold, the night dive registered 48 degrees on my Cobra, but I was diving with 5 experienced male divers, and I was not about to be the one to call it - would never live it down. When we surfaced, all of them were complaining about the cold! The day dives were not as cold and at no time did the cold bother me.

And yes - the Gull Restaurant was good ... and convenient.

Also, thanks for "Name that Fish" responses, I'll update the album first chance I get.

Back
Top Bottom