Cap for HP Hose on AquaLung Legend LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howie411

Contributor
Reaction score
Are the caps for all Aqualung Legends the same? I removed a hose that was connected to a HP port. I found a bag of caps that has 2 HP caps and 1 LP cap in it. But the HP don't seem to stay in. I'm wondering if they came from my older model Legend and don't work with my newer Legend LX.

The HP (and LP) plugs on my AL and Apeks regs are interchangeable.

Are you referring to the port plugs? For probably at least 20 (maybe 30? longer?) years, the ports have been relatively standardized across most/all brands - a 3/8" plug/hose for MP/LP, and 7/16" plug/hose for HP. (Although there still are some regulators with a 1/2" hose for the primary 2nd stage.)
upload_2019-10-10_19-15-50.png

All versions of the Legend use the "standard" sizes, there has never been a variation. So whatever you found that you think is an HP plug, is not.

Are you referring to the port plugs? For probably at least 20 (maybe 30? longer?) years, the ports have been relatively standardized across most/all brands - a 3/8" plug/hose for MP/LP, and 7/16" plug/hose for HP. (Although there still are some regulators with a 1/2" hose for the primary 2nd stage.)
View attachment 544289
All versions of the Legend use the "standard" sizes, there has never been a variation. So whatever you found that you think is an HP plug, is not.

These are the 2 types I found in my Aqualung Boxes. The small one of the 4 I guess is the LP port cap. I have no clue what the 3 large ones are then. Looks like the HP port cap should look identical to the small one but just slightly larger.

Attachments

• 20191010_202547_resized.jpg
    20191010_202547_resized.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 129
  • 20191010_202558_resized.jpg
    20191010_202558_resized.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 135
These are the 2 types I found in my Aqualung Boxes. The small one of the 4 I guess is the LP port cap. I have no clue what the 3 large ones are then. Looks like the HP port cap should look identical to the small one but just slightly larger.
Hard to be certain from the photos, but looks like the plug in the lower right on your second photo, the one showing the threaded side, is an HP plug and the others are just two different styles of LP plug. Depending on the shape and/or any covers/jackets on a 1st stage, the style with the larger disc may not be able to seat all the way on some models when screwed into place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom