Canyon Lake - North Park Sat. 11/4/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joetex0777

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Im planning on going to North Park to dive on Saturday afternoon (and
Im also planning on camping Sat night). The water is only a few feet
down and the viz is suppose to be better than anywhere else right now.
If anyone wants to join me let me know...

Joe

I had a great time this weekend. Thanks to each of you for making it such a good time. We need to go back to Canyon again soon.

The viz was good(10-15). The temp was 67F at the surface & 63F at 60'. There is a ton to see(big catfish, perch, bass, crawfish, 4 OLD cars, 3 boats, 2 platforms, the "coffin", a moped, the grotto, and the old trees still standing at the bottom of the ledge). You can park , and camp, within just a few feet of the entry point and the lake is only down 7'.

The park is closed Dec 1st thru Feb 28th so lets go again soon!

Thanks for the report. It sounds like the conditions are pretty good right now. I have never been there before. I am going to be hanging out around Austin for a few days and would like to do some diving.

How do you get to the best dive sites? Are there any entry fees? I assume you dove from shore. I would like to find a relatively easy shore entry. No 1/4 mile long goat trails.

Do you think the diving is currently better at Canyon Lake or are the conditions better at Travis or the Comal River?

Any info on Canyon or Comal would be helpful.

Thanks,

Gillty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom