Can't stand it any more!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At Mansfield Dam.

:jump:

I'll jump at that opportunity..

I havent made many dives at Mansfield. What max depth will we be diving?

Dave

If the lake level is similar to what we saw at Halloween, the edge of the wall is about 45-55 feet, then the bottom of the wall can get as low as 85 feet. Many of the platforms out there are in the 35-45 foot range.

Dee, make sure Beast keeps an eye out for the pumpkins. I have already had a few reports that other divers have found some that were still there when we left.

Originally posted by TexasMike
If the lake level is similar to what we saw at Halloween, the edge of the wall is about 45-55 feet, then the bottom of the wall can get as low as 85 feet. Many of the platforms out there are in the 35-45 foot range.

Dee, make sure Beast keeps an eye out for the pumpkins. I have already had a few reports that other divers have found some that were still there when we left.

Last time we were there, Beast found a couple more pumpkin's. He wanted to know what his prize was!

Dont Know if Dee or the Beast are gonna do a dive report on our little foray into Lake Travis, but I thought it went quite well.

1st dive we geared up - in our resplendent layers of neoprene, strapped on tank or in Beasts Case, tankS. Waddled off to the lake (of course at Mansfield Dam the waddling is straight down - or up) Water was 55 degrees depending on whos computer you talked to. Max depth was 100 feet , vis ranged from about 5 feet most of the time to an occaisional 8 or 10. All in all, it was a great dive, and neat chance to try my new reg.

2nd dive, we had a third diver join in. I believe he has already registered on the board, so we'll just have to get him to make an entry in the welcome board. (he goes by bubbleslinger). Made a nice trio dive to about 55 feet and tooled around for 42 minutes. bubbleslinger had 52 degrees on his computer, but beast still read 55. I like mine, it said it was 57:D

I am really afraid that Dee might have gotten a picture or two, and that they will wind up here - sometime.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom