cant search OMS in BC forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BelikinBob

Registered
Reaction score
While searching for "OMS" or "Ocean Management Systems" in the BC forum no matches are found. This happens even if OMS is in the title or post.

-Bob

This problem is frequently encountered. The search function ignores entries of 3 letters or less. The solution is to add another letter so the search function will acknowledge it. If you add an asterick (*) it will take the place of any possible letter, number, or in this case a space. A search for OMS* would return any words that start with OMS finish with anything, even spaces. A search for *OMS, could return words that end in OMS, such as blooms. A search for *OMS* would look for words that contain OMS anywhere. Try the different combinations and see what type of results come back.

thats crazy! well, i take that back, its logic!
weird, but ok, ill keep this in mind, thanks for the help, I just wish I knew this months ago!

-Bob

OMS and oms are in the allowed words under four letters for a search. Not sure why it's not picking up on that. It must be a vBulletin glitch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom