Can't get Perdix AI to connect to Shearwater Desktop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dfk70

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am having trouble connecting my new Perdix AI to the Shearwater Desktop program.

I have a Dell laptop with native LE Bluetooth running windows 8.1.
I've also tried the bluetooth dongle that came with the Perdix.

I have connected the Perdix to the laptop per the instructions on the Shearwater web site.

When I try to connect the Perdix to the Desktop, it just times out.

I can connect to the cloud version through my phone just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Dave

Could it be a Bluetooth issue? Did you go through the troubleshooting steps listed on the SW website?

I've found that it's sometimes caused by interference with the signal caused by other wifi/bluetooth type devices. Fortunately we have Shearwater Desktop installed on a laptop so can try different locations. The Petrel we also own never has a problem connecting but I understand that the Perdix signal isn't as strong because it is more energy efficient

I've found that it's sometimes caused by interference with the signal caused by other wifi/bluetooth type devices. Fortunately we have Shearwater Desktop installed on a laptop so can try different locations. The Petrel we also own never has a problem connecting but I understand that the Perdix signal isn't as strong because it is more energy efficient

Tried going to the basement where there aren't any electronic devices and no joy.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I had similar issue.
After a couple of drinks...
I found if i went in to my computers bluetooth settings i could see the AI perdix. Make sure it is connected. then go back to the SW desktop and connect like normal.

That seemed to work for me

GL

Ok. I figured it out.

Here is what I had to do.

I unpaired the Perdix from the built-in bluetooth. Disabled the built-in bluetooth.
Installed the Shearwater bluetooth dongle and re-paired using the dongle.

Now it connects and I can use the Desktop to download my dives.

Ok. I figured it out.

Here is what I had to do.

I unpaired the Perdix from the built-in bluetooth. Disabled the built-in bluetooth.
Installed the Shearwater bluetooth dongle and re-paired using the dongle.

Now it connects and I can use the Desktop to download my dives.
Yeah, it is actually a Win 8.1 ver. issue. I've had the same issue with my laptop. But it worked like a charm on my computer that runs Win 10. DId not get much help and response from Shearwater when I emailed them the question and tried to get it resolved for my laptop. Quite disappointing. Especially coming from SW which is know for customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom