Can't Decide

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spstar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am ordering a new Ikelite housing for my D70s with a DS125 strobe and the question that I have is what to use for a lens and port.
I have the 18-70, 50-200 nikon lens top side and thinking possible 60mm for U/W
and then what port any suggestions will be looked at and greatly appreicated
Also any info on wet diopter.

spstar:
I am ordering a new Ikelite housing for my D70s with a DS125 strobe and the question that I have is what to use for a lens and port.

I am on the same boat and just started something like this at Wetpixel.

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11259

Hope this helps.

Alex

spstar:

With your lens choices, I'd get the 18-70 first, then the 60mm. 50-200 is going to be rather useless unless it has macro capabilities.

IMO you might want another (wider) lens, like the 12-24mm. I purchase one in the flavor of Tokina, and it's a good lens for about half the cost of the Nikon. The 18-70mm however will be a very nice general purpose lens for use UW.

for the 18-70 you will need a +4 diopter if you want to focus on anything closer than about 2 feet.

The Ike 6 inch dome should be fine for both that lens and the 60mm (great lens by the way) Exact numbers are on the ike site www.ikelite.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom