Can't copy and paste from Word?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

noj3333

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just wrote a (relatively) long review in Microsoft Word, but I can't 'copy' and 'paste' it... anyway around this issue?

I just wrote a (relatively) long review in Microsoft Word, but I can't 'copy' and 'paste' it... anyway around this issue?

Did you try breaking it up into smaller sections?

Beyond that... I would say, "what browser are you using?" "Did you try a different browser" ?

My guess is that your post is too long for the input buffer, and is larger than the allowed post length. If you shorten your post (and make it two posts instead), it may work. There is no "paste from word" function, but there is a "BB Code Editor" which is a plain text mode.

You might also try to paste it into notepad first. I frequently have to do that to remove Microsoft's proprietary formatting in order to copy and paste documents at work.

You need to click on the icon on the top right of this screen. It is a page icon and then it allows some formating stuff. I think that is how I did it

You could also try to use the keyboard shortcuts if the mouse left click options are not working.

Often <Ctrl>,<Shft> & <V> will bypass a format issue especially if there are erroneous characters appearing after the paste. Other than that, @kelemvor has a great work around to that interface issue.

Back
Top Bottom