Canon WP-V1 Case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wradar

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Good afternoon, everyone!

I'm just getting into this whole diving thing, and figure that, at some point soon, I'll want to take some pictures and videos. I already have a Canon HF200 camera, but not the WP-V1 case for it. As it is no longer manufactured, finding one is a bit of a hassle.

Does anyone have one for sale, or know where I might find one? If so, please reply or PM me the info.

Thanks, and I look forward to getting underwater!

Have a great day,
-Will

watch eBay - one sold there last month.

I'm fairly certain that the WP-V2 (also discontinued) would work also with a little shimming.

There's a post about it somewhere in the videography forum - someone else couldn't find one either. A quick search found this reference to it but I can't locate the other thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ca...n-wp-v2-wp-v3-enclosures-what-fits-these.html

I have seen people mod HF M200s into the V2 case (which canon say only fits M3 series)
You can get those on Amazon - for more than they cost when they weren't discontinued...

My buddy has a WP-V1 - it's been completely solid for 3 years now. He added a ULCS handle/tray/arms for his video light also. $200 approx. thru Reef Photo.

Thanks, Steve! I'll check into the V2 option, and set up an eBay alert for a V1. Everything I've seen about them indicates that they're really good cases. I hear that adding a wide-angle lens to the rig lends to a bit of a balance problem, but some modding seems to take care of that.

Again, thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom