Canon Underwater case O-ring replacemnt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwhkg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Please note that if ,for whatever reason you need to replace the O-ring in your Canon case, Canon Philippines is of little help. They dont answer emails and if you call them, after being on hold for ages, they have no idea about underwater cases.

After several attempts they finally refered me to Infomax, who Canon Philippines claims is the distributor and supplier of parts. After visiinting Infomax they have no knowledge about being the distrubutor and they have no orings in stocks.

They can however order the O-ring at a cost of around 1,500.00P (app $30+)

Since there is no warranty with the underwater case and in the event that it floods for whatever reason the Canon warranty will not cover the repair.

Maybe other UW cases for Canon's would be a better option

Sadly that tends to be the same for most camera manufacturer housings, those who do have replacement o-rings seem to make them as hard as a possible to get!

From a Canon marketing point of view I guess the theory is after a year or so of use you should buy a newer camera anyway?! Although they cost a lot more the big advantage of the non camera manufacturer uw housings is they are, and will be for a long time after purchase, fully serviceable.

Have you tried speaking to Jovic at Splash in Greenhills? That would be the best place to start for finding a replacement set locally. I imagine the cost will be the same, but at least you don't have to wait of the order to arrive!

Karl

a few years back jon was able to score a canon o-ring from megamall i think for about 1,000...

YMMV though...

but karl: do pipe in if/ when/ should you find a way to get canon o-rings... that info's golden

Jag

If you can't find them locally perhaps try here UWdigitalcamera.com

I have ordered plenty of stuff from there, usually takes 5-6 days to get to my side of the world.

there is a camera shop in Sabang that sells spare o-rings. i remember they had o-rings for Olys. not sure if they had canon o-rings.

Il check greenhills next week, re megamall I think thats infomax

wontonmien; many thanks for the link in Taiwan.

its sad that Canon doesnt support their underwater cases or customer inquireies. will think long and hard before buting another canon case. mayb the suggestion that that's their marketing strategy to get you to buy a new camera is correct

Engoy your PG trip !!

if you will read the canon manual that comes with the case it says replace once a year as well as remove and regrease after each dive. with so many entries made aboout flooding canon UW cases now Im paranoid

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom