Canon S80 pics in Taiwan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina thanks for your advice.

I stared to use manual mode last nite with my s80.

pretty cool effects.

I think you'll get less blur on the macros when you 86 the video light. If your hand moves a bit, the strobe will stop the action at the moment of flash, where a steady light will give you the full shutter open period and blur slightly from any movement unless your shutter speed is very high. A small light on the subject, plus the strobe will let you focus a bit faster, and generally won't show in your picture. Really nice pictures.

Diver Dennis Yes, they are tough to find because they are so small. Where did you shoot these images?

Diver Dennis....these were taken at "Sea Mount" in Kenting, Taiwan. There are 7 pigmy seahorses around the area that have been found.

I think you'll get less blur on the macros when you 86 the video light. If your hand moves a bit, the strobe will stop the action at the moment of flash, where a steady light will give you the full shutter open period and blur slightly from any movement unless your shutter speed is very high. A small light on the subject, plus the strobe will let you focus a bit faster, and generally won't show in your picture. Really nice pictures

Hmmm...86 the light for Macro shots. That is conflicting with the reason that I purchased the light. Maybe photography is like medical science....its not an exact science? However next dive, this weekend, I will increase my shutter speed and play with the strobe power settings for Macro shots. I will let you know the results.

Another question....what is the difference between macro and digital macro?

yes... i would also like to know the diff bet digital macro and macro.

digital macro is the auto setting on our S80.

thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom