Canon S30 or S40

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tampascot, was there a aprticular reason you were thinking of the cannon's, rather than another make?

the xx40 range from oly have a super bright lense, which has continually been voted best in range.

i would check quality of pics and ease of use, can you access all functions underwater etc. etc.

i don't think you can beat oly's

clive francis once bubbled...
[ i don't think you can beat oly's [/B]

I have a lot of respect for the Olympus cameras. There are some features that are better than the Canon S series. Most notably, the fast F2 lens versus the Canon 2.8 lens.

However, the Canon has two advantages that the Oly can not beat. The Oly is fairly large for a topside snapshot. The Canon is quite small and sleek and slips very easily into any shirt or even pants pocket. It's a pleasure to carry at any time. Also the Canon UW housing is only $160. The Oly housing is far more money.

Bottom line though, both choices are great.

Gerry

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom