Canon S110 with Ikelite housing, buttons not working

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

limbo

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just got a new S110 and an Ikelite u/w housing, but the buttons on the back of the housing aren't working, except bottom left (shows the library) and the top right button (vdo). Is this a common problem, any suggestion on how to solve this problem?

Hi,

I had the same problem. The issue is a minimal misalignment of the camera in the housing due to the pressure caused by the wheel knob on the camera. This can be counter measured by adding a plastic strip or sth similar underneath the camera on the right bottom hold of the housing. The misalignment will be about a mm or less so you may need to test several different sized plastic plates. i used some old PE packaging containment which had an 90 degree angle built in to give better alignment with the hold of the housing.

kind regards

Kind regards
Alexander

Thanks Alexander,

Much appreciated! Can you elaborate what PE packaging actually is. Thx.
I will give it a try with some plastic strips! Did you glue them into the housing once you found the right one?

Hi,

PolyEthylen. I used an empty contact lens containment. I'll send you tonight a picture how I cut and installed it in the housing. I didn't glue it so far.

Regards
Alex@nder

Hi Limbo,
Please find enclosed picture which shows the plastic strip below the camera.
dyvu7agu.jpg

Regards
Alex@nder

Back
Top Bottom