Canon S100 Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickthompson

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone gotten good video results with the S100? I bought it primarily for stills but have been experimenting with video lately. Love the video quality, but as soon as I take it underwater the light meter goes crazy and overexposes everything. I've gotten some cool shoots on wrecks with more diffuse ambient light but blue water seems to really confuse it...

Anyone have a solution for this ?

There is and if I remember correctly (sorry don't have time to read the manual - but it's in there) you have to be in movie mode and you use the rear dial to adjust it I think you press up first, then rotate - something like that. That may be exposure compensation for video (which may also suit your needs) for the record my S100 films are all a 1/3 - 2/3 or so over exposed as well.

EDIT - the above process is correct. it appears so be exposure comp + exposure lock. you press up to bring up the "meter", then rotate (you must rotate, you cannot click left or right) to increase or decrease exposure. then, when you actually press the movie record button, the exposure appears to be locked as that setting.

Edit again - You may have out this together already but that means you can only adjust this if you have a housing that allows rear dial control. In a Canon or Ikelite housing you can still use the exposure lock, but it can only be locked in the "0 exposure compensation" setting (which i guess is better than nothing)

Back
Top Bottom