Canon S100 Underwater Enclosure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It does have a flash diffuser that can be attached and comes in the box. What housings use more than one 0 ring? I just got an expensive Nauticam housing and it only has the one primary o ring. My friend's FIX S100 housing only has one primary o ring.

Last edited:
My Old Oly housing has dual O-ring. never flooded even when o-ring stretched where I have to spend 10 minutes squeezing and pushing it so the back could be closed (it did flood once due to battery explosion and pushing the o-rings outward). My Panasonic housing flooded the camera after the first time replacing the battery. Afterward, noticed one lint lying across the o-ring. I had much more junk on my Oly orings, but due to its dual design, the 2nd embedded o-ring is rarely exposed to the elements.

Ha!, I have almost 400 dives between two Canon housings, and I've never had so much as a drop of moisture get inside. This includes diving in high seas, getting rolled around on beach entries, spearfishing, the whole 9-yards... In fact, I had one mounted on a speargun I used to shoot 30pound fish. Worked just fine, and zero leaks.

My only "complaint" is that I couldn't use my camera properly at 175ft (only rated to 130) because the pressure was affecting the buttons (still no leaks though).

Both of my housings came with diffusers, but neither was used because on-board flashes are terrible for underwater photography in all but perfect conditions because they virtually guarantee backskatter.

I resold my first Canon housing for around half of what I paid for it originally, and expect to get the same for my current housing. You may have more luck getting a higher percentage return on Ikelites or an aluminum housing, but I'm fine with 50%.

-h

The S100 has that awesome front control ring that I doubt any cheap universal housing would support. It is personally one of my favorite features of the camera and Ikelite's housing has an excellent forward control knob for that allows me to adjust my shutter speed on the fly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom