Canon S100 and Sea & Sea YS-110a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Relatively compact, good photo quality, a great choice. The biggest issue is a slower shutter response than a DSLR. I shoot a G11 and a YS-110, with an Ultralight tray & arm.

The YS-110a is a very good strobe with Guide number of 12 in water a wide beam, it also takes a sync chord so can stay with you for some time

For what concerns the S100, some say the Olympus XZ-1 is better

I already own the S100. My old system was a G9 with a YS-27. I'm looking forward to using Av with TTL via the optic cable.

At one time I thought I wanted to go the other direction moving up to a DSLR, but have come to realize that only going on 1 or 2 vacations a year, I will never be a pro-level photographer UW. Once again the OCD beast has been tamed.

Any comments on S100 setting for this combo?

Took the combo of the S100 and Sea&Sea 110a to the pool this past weekend. Not much for fish, but the few test shots I took came out very well. The following is the ever-present band-aid fish which I shot at Av 5.6 with a 85mm equivalent zoom from about a foot. Can't wait to get to Roatan.
bandaid.jpg

Glad to see I'm not alone taking photos of anything just to check on exposure etc. Last dive at the bottom of the Niagara River, viz was so bad, all I could find were sand ripples,pebbles, bottles and zebra mussels. But my exposures were ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom