Canon Powershot SX200 and Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MichHB

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Canon PowerShot SX200IS camera and housing with extra o-ring, o-ring grease, light diffuser and all original parts (including packaging and manuals): $395. Had for only one year and took very good care of the system. A great system for those who want to have some of the flexibility from a DSLR but enough auto-functioning to set and forget settings. I also have a magnifier lense adapter that I will sell for $25.

Attachments

• sx200.jpg
    sx200.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 81
Hello,

Couple questions: What housing is this? Also wondering if the lens barrel is blocking the camera flash, in other words: can you get decent pictures without external strobe with this configuration?

Thanks!

Hi there,

The housing is made by Ikelite. The photo I included shows what it looks like with the camera in the housing.

I used it for about 8 months without a strobe and the lens barrel did not block the flash and I got decent shots as long as my subject was up close. At a distance the light of the flash just doesn't reach. That said, I get some nice distant shots by turning off the flash and using ambient lighting. I'd definitely recommend using the diffuser that comes with the camera case to help filter the harsh light from the flash.

I'd be happy to go through the settings I use on the camera with you if you purchase it and also the maintenance care for the housing, which isn't described well in the manual.

It's a good little set-up, I just am trying to move up to a DSLR now.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Back
Top Bottom