Canon manual mode Inon UCL Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kevster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Been experimenting with my setup at home.
Canon S70, Inon UCl, D2000
Got a few questions

• In manual mode when I have the camera flash turned on I cannot increase shutter speed above 250. I initially set the Apperture to F8 then try to increase shutter speed. I can increase up to 2000 however when I take the photo this steps down to 250 due to -2 exposure.:shakehead: When camera flash is turned off I have no problems but then my strobe will not fire.With an external strobe I would like to black out the background by using high shutter speeds for some macro.
  • Using the Inon UCL wet lens on my housing there is a black silhouette all round the photo with only a circle in the middle showing the subject. I have to zoom in from 28mm to approx 45 mm for the photo to appear with no back background. Is this normal. I have pushed the mount fitting as far back as possible on the housing. I assume it just the shape of the housing that causes this. This is a real pain as the zoom impacts the focus.
  • I can increase/decrease the camera flash output but this also changes the strobe output… I would like to set the cameras flash to min to save battery but this impacts the strobe firing.
Thanks for any help.

[SIZE=3.........[*]Using the Inon UCL wet lens on my housing there is a black silhouette all round the photo with only a circle in the middle showing the subject. I have to zoom in from 28mm to approx 45 mm for the photo to appear with no back background. Is this normal. I have pushed the mount fitting as far back as possible on the housing. I assume it just the shape of the housing that causes this. This is a real pain as the zoom impacts the focus.[/LIST] ........

I cannot speak to the other questions, but this is relatively common from what I found when researching wet lens. The unfortunate solution is as you have already found....to zoom in until it disappears.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom