Canon IXUS 110 IS (SD960IS) and Ikelite Underwater Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skating101

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone have any opinions on the following underwater camera setup:

Canon IXUS 110 IS (SD960IS)

Amazon.com: Canon PowerShot SD960IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.8-inch LCD (Silver): Camera & Photo

Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing

Amazon.com: Ikelite Underwater Camera Housing for Canon Powershot SD-960 IS, Ixus 110 IS Digital Cameras: Sports & Outdoors

Also can anyone suggest a filter for the Ikelite housing that would suit tropical waters?

amateur_opinion.png

I say no to that camera versus the S90 or S95. No manual controls and no RAW capability in the Canon IXUS 110 IS

The Canon S95 is a far superior camera. Manual controls, RAW capability, 2.0 lens versus the 2.8 in the Canon IXUS 110 IS which is a plus on non-strobe shots underwater.

Main difference between the S90 and S95 is HD video in the S95.

im more interested in the video side of it does the S95 and the 110 record the same video quality? i read that the 110 is 720p @ 30fps and the S95 is 720p @ 24fps

im more interested in the video side of it does the S95 and the 110 record the same video quality? i read that the 110 is 720p @ 30fps and the S95 is 720p @ 24fps

That is correct.

I'm not familiar enough with the video feature to know how much difference that makes?

If video is your priority does the Ultra Flip camera in an Ikelite housing interest you?

Hi,

I am looking to sell my housing for the SD 960. Its the Canon one. Never used and in original everything.

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom