Canon HFS-10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharksdelight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I was thinking of getting this little cam as a second back up system. I've been told the footage is excellent but haven't seen anything in person, and Youtube/Vimeo is fairly well compressed. It is an AVCHD inter based cam and would like to know how users think the footage stacks up to some of the better cams out there(no not the Red one).

A second question is how have the experiences been when editing the footage, particularly when used in FCP. I would imagine that a transcode to Pro Res would be in order but also wonder about final output results.
Any input would be appreciated.
Steve

Hey Steve
i just got this camera and started shooting a few things. The internal 32 gig memory works great and will allow shooting at a capture rate of about 30 mbs. The shoot to card feature I have yet to master. The cards have to be a certain brand and although i bought the brand suggested it will not capture to that card at the highest capture setting. As for post I have only used it with Imovie HD and Imovie 2009...both seem to flow smoothly with the hd capture and playback....I have found that when white balanced and set in manual focus in my light and motion bluefin housing it works very well compared to the other sony systems that i have used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom