Canon g9 or g10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have both the G11 and S90 canons and if i were to do it over i would probably go the S90/95 route as the camera is so easy to carry in a pocket top side - the g series is a brick in your pocket. If you don't have the camera with you, you can't take the photo. However I would miss using the g11 for topside macro as the S just can't get close enough but things even out underwater with wet lenses.

Then I will buy the s90 today :D

I really reconsidered my choice. I never used an UW camera before so i think i am better off with smaller and lighter camera as you all suggested.

When i look at s95 i can buy a canon or a Ikelite housing (price difference is only €50). But i guess the Ikelite housing is much heavier and bulky then canon?

Thanks again.

The Canon housing is lighter, less expensive, and better in my opinion. The Ikelite does not have a spring on the zoom lever to return it to center, so it just keeps zooming to the limit unless you return it manually. It is a nuisance and makes it hard to zoom to the exact amount you want. Canon has a spring return.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom