Canon G7x iii : PSF Picture Style Image (instead of UW mode on S120)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Miss ELis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Hi Everyone,
I'm diving instructor/guide in warm and clear asian water.
For my divers/students's souvenirs, we've been using for many years the UW mode of a compact CanonPowershot 110 then 120.
This compact camera was just PERFECT for our needs : small, fast, nice UW colors on photo and video untill 15 meters with this simple "fish mode".
Wonderfull UW photos and video without any torch/strobe neither post-editing on Lightroom.

As the S120 is discontinued, we bought the PowerShot G7x iii but NO more UW photo mode :-((
So, here are my questions :
1. Is there a webplace/link where i can find a PSF (Picture Style File) equivalent of the S120 UW mode ?
2. If yes, by using the EOS Utility (version ?), can i import this PSF into my G7x iii with usb cable on a macbook pro Catalina ?
3 If no, does anybody has any idea about how to set an "UW" STYLE OF IMAGE (as the "standard, portrait, landscape, neutral, monochrome,...")
for natural light divings, in clear/warm sea, as an UW STYLE OF IMAGE, equivalent to the S120 UnderWater mode ?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Best Regards,
ELis

Hi @Miss ELis

That's a shame. I have a G7X. It has an UW mode. I do not use the UW mode as the G7X also has a one button short cut for white balance using the Ring Func button that also works pretty well at greater depths and conditions than the UW mode.

The G7X Mark II has the UW mode while the Mark III does not. The one button WB was abandoned in both the Mark II and Mark III.

I had the original Canon G7X and the one button push Custom White Balance was great above and below.

The G7X II didn't have it but kept the "FISH MODE" Underwater while balance icon and I use(d) it frequently for ambient light shots. I think it worked better than trying to do a custom white balance.

I think the G7X III has to use some white balance choice but you can also bias any white balance choice once you tap it adding more amber or blue by turning the front control ring. It pops up at the LCD bottom when you pick any white balance choice.

That would likely be your best choice maybe playing with warmer white balance also like SHADE, CLOUDY, etc.

Good luck !

David Haas

IMG_5631 (1).jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom