Canon G2 - housings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

notabob

Contributor
Reaction score
I got a Canon G2 a few months back for land use. Great camera, but now I'm thinking about taking some shots underwater. Would love to take it under, but AFAIK Ikelite is the only one that makes the housing for it. Unfortunately, even at $600 (Adorama, the cheapest I found, B&H is $30 more) it's out of my price range, considering that I wanted to add a strobe to as well. Hence the question - does anyone know of another company that makes a housing for the G2? Heard a rumor that OceanBrite will have something available for cheaper soon, but haven't heard any more details. Suggestions? I got until Jan. to get something (going to Bonaire then). If I can't find a housing, I'm considering going with a 35mm Ikelite Auto 35 w/a strobe. Appears do-able for ~$300 or less. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-Roman.

Looks like OceanBrite is still in the works... Guess I'll just have to wait until it comes out to make up my mind. Other alternatives just don't look compelling enough (and half of them have web pages in German, to boot...). Oh well.

Hey Notabob - I agree the cost of Ikelite is outrageous. Being Canadian also means that I have to sell a kidney to buy it. Ouch.

If you do find it cheap(er) somewhere, or if the OceanBrite comes available, let me know.

Cheers!

Digideep is an excellent source!
I am in the same boat in reference to cost to house my Canon G1. But I guess you get what you pay for.

yes thats true but you shouldnt have to pay an arm and a leh either..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom