Canon G16 Housing - Ikelite vs. Fantasea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks
I kinda like the ikelite housings.
Seeing that o-ring makes me feel better.
If I'm out snorkeling and that leak alarm goes off its not a very good thing. Goodbye camera

I've been diving Ikelite housings with Canon cameras for a few years now, no issues until recently. I did have the on/off button stick on a recent wreck dive at 120fsw. I wanted to take a natural light shot and turned the strobe off. To turn the TTL strobe back on, you turn the camera off, strobe on, then camera on. Except the camera would not turn off/on. I managed to unstick the button enough to allow the camera to stay on, but I could not turn it off. I ended up taking video the rest of the dive so it was OK, if annoying.

... and this housing is brand new and always well rinsed (buttons as well). I'll check the on/off switch to see if it needs a bit of lube.

Same here. Yesterday all of a sudden my camera was malfunctioning on a wreck. Turns out a few of the buttons are sticking. I rinse my really good too, although it is a little over a year old and lives on a boat full time.

Back
Top Bottom