Canon G16 and Inon Wide Angle Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have a new camera setup: Canon G16, Nauticam housing, 2 Inon S-2000 strobes, Inon wide conversion lens with dome lens unit.

Used it for the first time earlier this month....was finally getting the hang of it towards the end of the trip!

One question......I have read that you should shoot wide angle in the camera macro mode. I tried it, but it will not work with the lens. I have to zoom to get past the lens "structure" itself in order to take photos. The camera will not focus in macro mode with having to zoom.

Suggestions?

I am also curious what settings folks use with this setup?

Thanks!
Lisa

I have the Inon UWL-S100 ZN80 Wide Conversion Lens and I am using the Inon Dome Lens Unit II with it. Sounds like you are not using macro mode either?

Can i use inon uwl h100. I am using rx100 1st generation and i have the h100 wide and dome. I am thinking of changing to g16. The rx100 mk3 is too expensive but i would like to keep my existing wetlens. Please advise

Thanks interceptor121. I will save money to to buy the new housing and camera for rx100mk3.

Am wondering if anyone can help me answer my question about the macro mode? Using Canon G16, Nauticam housing, 2 Inon S-2000 strobes, Inon UWL-S100 ZN80 Wide Conversion Lens and the Inon Dome Lens Unit II - everything I have read says to use the macro mode, but I can't get it to focus with the wide angel lens so have to take it out of macro. Suggestions?

Thanks!

*Generally, set Macro Mode to [ON]. However, for some cameras, depending on the particular focus range and aperture capabilities, some subjects at farther distances may not be in focus. In such cases, set Macro Mode to [OFF].

Use what works and don't worry about what you read. An image is either in focus or not just check it is and shoot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom